Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 105
Aldred was a Methodist minister with the Wesleyan Missionary Society, who arrived in New Zealand in 1840 and served at Kawhia, Nelson, Christchurch and Wellington. See DNZB / Scholefield (Vol 1, p9). [Source: TAPUHI online catalogue 08 Jan 2007].
The records consist of Minutes, versions of the catalogue, and some financial records; there is no membership register nor any record of borrowing patterns. Other administrative records for Brancepeth Station were retained by the owners.
The collection consists of records salvaged by Les Cleveland. They concern the Athenaeum, the Brass Band, and the Crown Hotel only.
Les Cleveland contributed photographs for the article 'Survivors of ghost town recall a bygone era', 'New Zealand Truth', 11 February 1958, p.22 (clipping held with collection).
The papers of Wellington book collector and historian Horace Edwards Manners Fildes, 1875-1937, including correspondence, clippings indexes and research notes, and collected manuscripts and other items.
This collection covers over forty years of Fildes' interest in New Zealand history and historical resources, and a corresponding period of indexing and scrapbooking.
1. Letters from Ralph Bodle on collecting Swiss Family Robinson 2. Bibliography by Rowan Gibbs of Rosemary Rees 3. Note on pseudonym
The collection consisted of correspondence, papers and reports related to banking and finance in New Zealand, mostly in the 1930s, as well as a number of pamphlets about economics and socialism and a notebook of prayers and biblical verses. Most of the pamphlets have been catalogued and integrated into the general pamphlet collection, with some duplicates being discarded. Remaining material is held in the archival collections. The correspondents include Michael Savage and Walter Nash.
- Subject: Collected archives X
- NRAM: The Community Archive entry 63
- Trade union archives 11
- Literary archives 4
- University archives - personal 4
- Architects -- New Zealand. 2
- Archives@Victoria 2
- History - New Zealand 2
- International affairs 2
- University archives - clubs & societies 2
- Abortion -- New Zealand 1
- Architectural drawings 1
- Architecture -- New Zealand -- 20th century 1
- Books and reading 1
- Computers -- New Zealand -- History. 1
- Diaries 1
- Kelburn Cable Car 1
- Kelburn and Karori Tramway Company 1
- Musicians -- New Zealand 1
- Performing arts -- New Zealand 1 ∧ less
- Boffa, Bill (Dominico William), 1906-1980 1