Skip to main content

Orpheus Choir of Wellington Archives

 Fonds
Identifier: worp

Dates

  • 1947-2009

Historical note

Founded as the Hutt Valley Music Scoiety in 1947. When this society ceased in 1951, several singers decided to continue, founding the Hutt Valley Orpheus Society in February 1952. As more concerts were presented in Wellington, Hutt was dropped from the name in 1961 and in 1985 the choir became the Orpheus Choir of Wellington.

Extent

16 box(es) (16 boxes and 1 folder)

Language of Materials

English

Custodial History

Transferred 2012 from Wellington City Archives
Title
Orpheus Choir of Wellington - archives
Subtitle
J.C.Beaglehole Room - archives and manuscripts
Status
Under Revision
Language of description
Undetermined
Script of description
Code for undetermined script

Repository Details

Part of the J C Beaglehole Room, Victoria University of Wellington Library Repository

Contact:
P O Box 3438
Wellington 6140 New Zealand
+64 4 4635681