Skip to main content

New Zealand Institute of Architects. Wellington Branch

 Fonds — Box: Location 29/B/1 - 29/B/2
Identifier: wbia

Dates

  • 1906-1978

Access and use

Access is freely available in the J.C.Beaglehole Room for research and private study. For any use beyond this, please contact the J.C.Beaglehole Room (jcbeaglehole.room@vuw.ac.nz) in the first instance.

Biographical/Historical note

New Zealand Institute of Architects. Wellington Branch

Originally named the Wellington Association of Architects, the Branch began in 1906 and records are held until 1978. A small Branch history was written in 1979 by Bruce Orchiston.

Extent

100 linear_centimeters

Language of Materials

English

Custodial History note

The Wellington Branch material was deposited in 1983, separately from the national NZIA material.

Related Archival Materials note

Title: New Zealand Institute of Architects Wellington Branch oral history project, stage IV 1999. Description: 2 v. : ill. ; 30 cm. + 8 audio cassettes. Notes: Copies of oral history tapes. Originals deposited at Alexander Turnbull Library. Includes project report (7 leaves) Table of Contents: [v.1.] John Gates ; [v.2] Maurice Tebbs. Call Number: Kit 96 Location: Arch & Des Audiovisual (Ask at Desk)
Title
Guide to the archives of the New Zealand Institute of Architects, Wellington Branch
Status
Edited Full Draft
Author
Nicola Frean
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
Undetermined
Script of description
Code for undetermined script
Language of description note
Finding aid is written inEnglish
Edition statement
XML EAD edition

Repository Details

Part of the J C Beaglehole Room, Victoria University of Wellington Library Repository

Contact:
P O Box 3438
Wellington 6140 New Zealand
+64 4 4635681