Picken: Teaching materials and class notes re Mathematics.
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of teaching materials and class notes: 1 - Algebra; 2 - Geometry; 3 - Applied mathematics
- Majority of material found within 1907 - 1915
Access and use
Access is freely available within the J.C.Beaglehole Room for research and private study. For any use beyond this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
Biographical / Historical
MA (Glasgow and Cambridge)
Mathematics: Professor, 1907; Resigned, 1915.
In addition to his role as professor of Mathematics, Professor Picken worked with Thomas Hunter and others in the New Zealand University Reform Association, formed in 1910.
See "David Kennedy Picken a personal memoir" by John Alexander, ISBN: 0-7316-1709-6
5 linear_centimeters (3 Volumes)
Language of Materials
- NRAM: The Community Archive entry Subject Source: Local sources
- University archives - personal Subject Source: Local sources
- Lecture notes of Professor D.K.Picken
- J.C.Beaglehole Room - Archives and manuscripts
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the J C Beaglehole Room, Victoria University of Wellington Library Repository
P O Box 3438
Wellington 6140 New Zealand
+64 4 4635681