Fell, Howard Barraclough (Barry)
Access and use
Access is freely available in the J.C.Beaglehole Room for research and private study. For any use beyond this, please contact the J.C.Beaglehole Room (email@example.com) in the first instance.
Biographical / Historical
Fell, Howard Barraclough (Barry) 1917-1994
MSc (NZ: Victoria), PhD (Edinburgh), DSc (Edinburgh), FRSNZ
Zoology: Lecturer, 1945-47; Senior lecturer, 1947-56; Associate Professor, 1956-65.
Entered Victoria University College 1935 and completed a BSc and MSc with First Class Honours in Botany in 1938, gaining his PhD at the University of Edinburgh in 1941.
Left New Zealand to join Harvard University's Museum of Comparative Zoology in Boston as Curator in Invertebrate Zoology, later becoming Professor of Invertebrate Zoology.
The only papers held are those which Fell appears to have collected to do with Professor Kirk.
Language of Materials
- Ephemera Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Flies -- Control Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Memorabilia Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- NRAM: The Community Archive entry Subject Source: Local sources
- Pamphlets Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Photographs - Mounted Subject Source: Local sources
- Photographs - loose prints Subject Source: Local sources
- Sponges -- New Zealand Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University archives - personal Subject Source: Local sources
- Barry Fell - papers related to Professor H.B.Kirk
- J C Beaglehole Room - archives and manuscripts
- Edited Full Draft
- Nicola Frean, Alistair Alcock and Kayleigh Dodd
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the J C Beaglehole Room, Victoria University of Wellington Library Repository
P O Box 3438
Wellington 6140 New Zealand
+64 4 4635681