Dance Files, 1981 - 1986
Scope and Contents note
Includes files on:
- Aklowa : Correspondence, 1984, with reference to 1985-86 tour of African art and artists to New Zealand, includes information pamphlet, press releases
- Australian Aboriginal Dancers : 16 black & white photographs, 1 negative, 1974
- Bent (Belgium): Correspondence with reference to organising performance of "Pas de Deux" in New Zealand, 1982, includes promotional leaflet with English translation.
- Jamie Bull: Resume from 1960 to 1985, 2 x news clippings 1982
- Elinor Coleman Dance Ensemble : Invitation to attend advance preview of "Love Duet" and "Rite of Passage" in New York, March 1984.
- Cook Island Group : 1 x photograph, Cook Islands National Arts Theatre Company performing at Fiji Museum, Suva.
- Dancers : press release kit for Dennis Wayne and Dancers includes bios, news clippings, 4 black & white photos, "Stagebill" March 1985.
- Darc Swan :N.Z.Listener, article on Chris Jannides in Australia, 29 July 1985.
- Dunedin Dance Theatre : 4 black & white photos. Dancers: Deirdre Tarrant, Helen-Louise Wheeler, Erin Pawson, Fiona Drinnian.
- Footnote : 11 x items on Deirdre Tarrant and Footnote Dancers' performances and Dance in Education (DIE) programme, 1983.
- Anna Holmes & Bronwyn Judge : 'Swivel, tilts & turns' programme, 2xNZ Listener article dated 21 July 1984.
- Human Veins : 31 x black & white photographs (includes duplicates) Dancers: Lois Owens, Cheryl Stock, Iris Frenkel, Chris Cole, Don Asker, Bruce Hopkins, Peter Matthews; Photographer: Judy Hill.
- Impulse Dance Co. : 6 black & white photographs, Dancers :Sue Jordan, Debbie Groves, Liz Davey, Paul Janden, Mary Duncan
- Margaret Jenkins Dance Co. : 1 x promotional leaflet
- Kai Tai Chan & The One Extra Company : promotional kit with history/bio early 1980s
- Kanan Deobhakta : Correspondence 1985, 3 x programmes 1983-1985, 2 x promotional leaflets, September 1985
- Limbs : 42 black & white photographs (includes duplicates) of Limbs includes: Leanne Plunkett in "Sunday Horrors"; Mark White; 1 x dated 1978,1 x dated 1979; Photographers credited Paul van Ommen,Trevor Ulyatt; Prism Print; Limbs logo; tour schedule,news clipping Wairarapa Times Age 06/07/1984; correspondence re tour 1986, Press Kit 1986.
- Limbs II : 19 black & white photographs (loose) 42 x black & white photographs in separate envelope (1973, 1979)(includes duplicates); Photographers credited Peter Jannides, Paul van Ommen, Jocelyn Carlin (1979) Prism Print; 3 x news clippings 1985-1986; programme mock-up.
- Linkz Dance Co : 1 x news clipping 21 July 1985.
- Midlands Dance Co : 3 x letters, 1983.
- Mitchell Rose : 3 x letters, 1983; promotional leaflet.
- Movement Theatre : 3 x black& white photographs
- Graeme Murphy : NZ Listener article, 22 March 1986.
- New Dance Co : 3 x black & white photographs, 2 x sheets contact prints (thumbnail); Dancer John Casserley, Photographer John Milne, Earwig Graphics.
- NZ Ballet : 6 x NZ Listener articles, 1984 - 1986.
- The One Extra Company : See Kai Tai Chan folder above.
- Public Figures (Jenden & Solino) 5 x news clippings (1 duplicate), 1984-86; 2 x black & white photographs, Dancers : Paul Jenden, Louis Solino.
- Ririe Woodbury Dance Co: Correspondence 1983-84, 1 x publicity kit.
- Tandy Beal & co : Correspondence and reviews, 1984.
- Te Kanikani o te Rangatahi : 1x black & white photograph, Press release; news clipping, 'Concrete Temt' promotional material, 1985-86.
- Denis Wayne : 1 x black & white photograph, promotional material and correspondence 1986. (See also Dancers file above)
- N.Z. Dance Contacts
- International Directory : 1981
Files include primarily photographs and publicity material.
- Creation: 1981 - 1986
Conditions Governing Access note
Access to the NZSAC records is open to 'bona-fide scholars or persons with a relevant need if they appear suitable to the Librarian'. Note that some files contain personal data, subject to the Privacy Act 1993.
Access to the posters is unrestricted, but use is restricted as follows: "This material has been copied by the Library of Victoria University of Wellington under Section 55(a)of the Copyright Act 1994. You may make a digital or print copy for your personal research and study use. You may not make copies of an image or part of an image for other persons, or distribute an image or part of an image to other persons by any means whatsoever including mounting the image on a server, without the written permission of Victoria University of Wellington and the copyright owner. You may not modify an image or incorporate an image or part of an image in another work without the written permission of Victoria University of Wellington and the copyright owner. You must include this copyright statement in any copy that you make."
From the Fonds: 3500 linear_centimeters (25 linear metres plus 600 posters 1713 items)
Language of Materials
From the Sub-Series: English
General Correspondence, Ephemera, News Clippings, Newsletters, Loose Photographic Prints, Photocopied Documents, Public Relations Material and Schedules and/or Timetables
Part of the Tapuaka Heritage & Archive Collections - JC Beaglehole Reading Room, Victoria University of Wellington Library Repository
P O Box 3438
Wellington 6140 New Zealand
+64 4 4635681