Tourism, Leisure, Recreation
Scope and Contents
A collection of printed articles and an advertisement for an Antarctic and South American Cruise. The articles have a predominant focus on tourism and the impact on cultures and environment. There is also a focus on the concept of ‘leisure’ and the escapism of travel. The publication date range is 1979-2004. In talking about New Zealand’s “back country culture”, the subject matter includes dates from 1840 onwards.
- Collection covers ca 1960-2010
Conditions Governing Access
Access is freely available within the J.C.Beaglehole Room for research and private study. For any use beyond this, please contact the J.C.Beaglehole Room (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the first instance.
From the Fonds: 100 linear_centimeters (Hutt Valley Independent and Upper Hutt Advertiser (2009.044) has been given a call number (DU401.1 H982) and is located on the Atlas shelving.)
Language of Materials
- Advertisements Subject Source: Library Of Congress Genre/Form Terms (Lcgft)
- Ocean travel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Tourism Subject Source: Local sources
- Travel -- Psychological aspects Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Part of the J C Beaglehole Room, Victoria University of Wellington Library Repository
P O Box 3438
Wellington 6140 New Zealand
+64 4 4635681