Stars and Stripes
Scope and Contents
A collection of handwritten notes and photocopied clippings from 1918 editions of ‘The Stars and Stripes’. Focuses on the satirical comics of the publication. The handwritten notes indicate further interest into the publication’s role in WWI, as well as that of the Salvation Army and the YMCA. All of the printed examples and the indicated examples in the handwritten notes are from 1918/1919. The date that the clippings were printed and notes were written is unknown.
- Collection covers ca 1960-2010
Conditions Governing Access
Access is freely available within the J.C.Beaglehole Room for research and private study. For any use beyond this, please contact the J.C.Beaglehole Room (email@example.com) in the first instance.
From the Fonds: 100 linear_centimeters (Hutt Valley Independent and Upper Hutt Advertiser (2009.044) has been given a call number (DU401.1 H982) and is located on the Atlas shelving.)
Language of Materials
- American Red Cross. Military/Social Services Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cartoons (Commentary) Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- History, Military -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1914-1918 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Part of the J C Beaglehole Room, Victoria University of Wellington Library Repository
P O Box 3438
Wellington 6140 New Zealand
+64 4 4635681