Misc. Notes About Songs
Scope and Contents
A collection of photocopied sheet music, a guitar notation guide, handwritten notes, printed articles and a ‘Maoriland’ Christmas 45 RPM record. The songs are about war, frontier life and the general back country experience. They are separated by source. The handwritten notes demonstrate the processes of research and obtaining the sources of the music. Including the original dates of the sheet music, the publication date range is c. 1915-1985.
- Collection covers ca 1960-2010
Conditions Governing Access
Access is freely available within the J.C.Beaglehole Room for research and private study. For any use beyond this, please contact the J.C.Beaglehole Room (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the first instance.
From the Fonds: 100 linear_centimeters (Hutt Valley Independent and Upper Hutt Advertiser (2009.044) has been given a call number (DU401.1 H982) and is located on the Atlas shelving.)
Language of Materials
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Zealand Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sheet music Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sound recordings -- New Zealand Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- War songs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Part of the J C Beaglehole Room, Victoria University of Wellington Library Repository
P O Box 3438
Wellington 6140 New Zealand
+64 4 4635681