Beer, Books and Coal Dust
Scope and Contents
A collection of handwritten notes, newspaper clippings and typed script. The documents are primarily to do with research into the history of Burnett’s Face, with the newspaper clipping discussing the mining potential of the Denniston Plateau that it sits on. The only indicated publication date is that of the newspaper clipping, 2011. The subject matter date range is 1880-2011.
- Collection covers ca 1960-2010
Conditions Governing Access
Access is freely available within the J.C.Beaglehole Room for research and private study. For any use beyond this, please contact the J.C.Beaglehole Room (email@example.com) in the first instance.
From the Fonds: 100 linear_centimeters (Hutt Valley Independent and Upper Hutt Advertiser (2009.044) has been given a call number (DU401.1 H982) and is located on the Atlas shelving.)
Language of Materials
- Coal mines and mining -- New Zealand Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Zealand Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- History - New Zealand Subject Source: Local sources
- South Island (N.Z.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Part of the J C Beaglehole Room, Victoria University of Wellington Library Repository
P O Box 3438
Wellington 6140 New Zealand
+64 4 4635681