Scope and Contents
Sectioned off within the folder is a collection of handwritten notes, newspaper clippings, correspondence, publication release forms and both the original and photocopies sheet music for ‘Billjim’s Aussie Song’ by Meta Maclean. The collection is primarily focused on popular culture and folklore of world war periods. The publication date range is c. 1926-2007. The subject matter date range is c. 1914-2008. Separate to this subcollection is a series of email correspondence between LC and Michael Mckinley about the ANZACs and wartime music. The correspondence dates between June 2010 and May 2011.
- Collection covers ca 1960-2010
Conditions Governing Access
Access is freely available within the J.C.Beaglehole Room for research and private study. For any use beyond this, please contact the J.C.Beaglehole Room (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the first instance.
From the Fonds: 100 linear_centimeters (Hutt Valley Independent and Upper Hutt Advertiser (2009.044) has been given a call number (DU401.1 H982) and is located on the Atlas shelving.)
Language of Materials
- Australia -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Folklore Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Popular culture -- History -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- War songs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Part of the J C Beaglehole Room, Victoria University of Wellington Library Repository
P O Box 3438
Wellington 6140 New Zealand
+64 4 4635681