Scope and Contents
A collection of photocopied prints and accompanying annotations. Shots of the North African and Italian campaigns, WWII. Depicts scenes of leisure, daily tasks, post-conflict destruction and general landscapes. Also included is a map of Alexandria, Egypt. The general date range of the photographs is 1941-1944, although they are not individually specified.
- Collection covers ca 1960-2010
Conditions Governing Access
Access is freely available within the J.C.Beaglehole Room for research and private study. For any use beyond this, please contact the J.C.Beaglehole Room (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the first instance.
From the Fonds: 100 linear_centimeters (Hutt Valley Independent and Upper Hutt Advertiser (2009.044) has been given a call number (DU401.1 H982) and is located on the Atlas shelving.)
Language of Materials
- Maps Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Photography Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Soldiers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Part of the J C Beaglehole Room, Victoria University of Wellington Library Repository
P O Box 3438
Wellington 6140 New Zealand
+64 4 4635681