Scope and Contents
Contains two copies of ‘Johnny Enzed in Italy’ and one copy of ‘Johnny Enzed in the Middle East’, both by E. G. Webber and illustrated by Neville Colvin. Also includes a series of correspondence between LC and Margaret Colvin, then later Mrs. Colvin’s great-nephew, Martin Snell. The correspondence is regarding LC’s use of Neville Colvin’s work and obtaining permission from his surviving wife. A miscellaneous newspaper article documenting 2NZEF captain David Parsons (‘Portrait find rings bells’, Sunday Star Times, October 31, 2010, p A10). The ‘Johnny Enzed’ works were published in 1944-1945 and the correspondence occurred in 2004.
- Collection covers ca 1960-2010
Conditions Governing Access
Access is freely available within the J.C.Beaglehole Room for research and private study. For any use beyond this, please contact the J.C.Beaglehole Room (email@example.com) in the first instance.
From the Fonds: 100 linear_centimeters (Hutt Valley Independent and Upper Hutt Advertiser (2009.044) has been given a call number (DU401.1 H982) and is located on the Atlas shelving.)
Language of Materials
- Copyright -- Caricatures and cartoons Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Part of the J C Beaglehole Room, Victoria University of Wellington Library Repository
P O Box 3438
Wellington 6140 New Zealand
+64 4 4635681