Scope and Contents
Eight photographs from WWI, WWII, the Korean war and the Vietnam war. 1: A directional signpost with cities such as ‘Frisco’, Tokyo and Rome. 2: A deteriorating war plane. 17: “A British army Regimental Aid Post behind the line in Italy in World War II.” 46:  “Vietnam… Vietnamese and Americans take a break in the guerilla war. Staff Sgt. Victor Kalicki plays a Vietnamese flute to the amusement of one of the Vietnamese who guard the outpost on Black Virgin Mountain.” 19: “U.S. Fifth Army troops in a real position on the Italian front in World War II.” 23: “Men chatting in Barracks.” 15: “The 69th New York regimental band on a troopship in World War I.” 22: “An interlude in the Korean War.” Envelope is dated from 2008.
- Collection covers ca 1960-2010
Conditions Governing Access
Access is freely available within the J.C.Beaglehole Room for research and private study. For any use beyond this, please contact the J.C.Beaglehole Room (email@example.com) in the first instance.
From the Fonds: 100 linear_centimeters (Hutt Valley Independent and Upper Hutt Advertiser (2009.044) has been given a call number (DU401.1 H982) and is located on the Atlas shelving.)
Language of Materials
- Korean War, 1950-1953 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1914-1918 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Part of the J C Beaglehole Room, Victoria University of Wellington Library Repository
P O Box 3438
Wellington 6140 New Zealand
+64 4 4635681