US Songs H.L. Goodwin
Scope and Contents
Contains two photocopies of the mimeographed lyrics as part of the Memorandum of H. L. Goodwin. Song titles include ‘Gee But I Wanna Go Home!’, ‘Raider Battalion’, ‘Fuck ‘Em All’, ‘Gor Blimey’, ‘Roll Your Leg Over’, ‘Damn, Damn, Damn, Samoa!’ , ‘Let’s Remember Pua Pua’, ‘I Want a Life!’ and ‘The Mortar Man’s Song’. The introduction note to the Memorandum is dated August 12, 1943.
- Collection covers ca 1960-2010
Conditions Governing Access
Access is freely available within the J.C.Beaglehole Room for research and private study. For any use beyond this, please contact the J.C.Beaglehole Room (email@example.com) in the first instance.
From the Fonds: 100 linear_centimeters (Hutt Valley Independent and Upper Hutt Advertiser (2009.044) has been given a call number (DU401.1 H982) and is located on the Atlas shelving.)
Language of Materials
- Soldiers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- Humor Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- War songs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Ocean Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Part of the J C Beaglehole Room, Victoria University of Wellington Library Repository
P O Box 3438
Wellington 6140 New Zealand
+64 4 4635681