Bawdy Songs Article (Octopus Group)
Summary of contents
A series of correspondence between LC and Andrew R. T. Campbell of Octopus Publishing Group Ltd. regarding Campbell’s publication of ‘Bawdy New Zealand Songs’. The topic, Campbell highlights, is one that LC broaches in ‘Songs We Sang’ and he therefore asks LC to contribute some of the songs as well as a chapter of writing about them. The correspondence occurred when LC was at the Smithsonian Institute in California. The date range is November 1987 – August 1988.
- Collection covers ca 1960-2010
Conditions Governing Access
Access is freely available within the J.C.Beaglehole Room for research and private study. For any use beyond this, please contact the J.C.Beaglehole Room (email@example.com) in the first instance.
From the Fonds: 100 linear_centimeters (Hutt Valley Independent and Upper Hutt Advertiser (2009.044) has been given a call number (DU401.1 H982) and is located on the Atlas shelving.)
Language of Materials
- Correspondence Subject Source: Local sources
- Publishers and publishing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- War songs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Part of the J C Beaglehole Room, Victoria University of Wellington Library Repository
P O Box 3438
Wellington 6140 New Zealand
+64 4 4635681