Summary of contents
A collection of ‘Friends of the Turnbull Library’ event information and newsletters, handwritten notes, typed manuscript, a copy of ‘the House of Popular Culture’ diagram, lecture information and slide content for LC’s presentation titled ‘I Protest!’, deposit/donation records and a series of correspondence between LC and various Turnbull Library stuff about his recent acquisitions. The collection demonstrates LC’s contributions to the Turnbull Library community in both material and informative ways. LC’s interpretation of popular culture (and protest in particular) is illuminated in this collection. The date range if the collection is 1992-2000. The content discusses topics and references materials from c. 1851 onwards.
- Collection covers ca 1960-2010
Conditions Governing Access
Access is freely available within the J.C.Beaglehole Room for research and private study. For any use beyond this, please contact the J.C.Beaglehole Room (email@example.com) in the first instance.
From the Fonds: 100 linear_centimeters (Hutt Valley Independent and Upper Hutt Advertiser (2009.044) has been given a call number (DU401.1 H982) and is located on the Atlas shelving.)
Language of Materials
- Advertisements Subject Source: Library Of Congress Genre/Form Terms (Lcgft)
- Folklore in popular culture Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lectures and lecturing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Protest movements Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Part of the J C Beaglehole Room, Victoria University of Wellington Library Repository
P O Box 3438
Wellington 6140 New Zealand
+64 4 4635681