Summary of contents
A vast collection of printed and typed poetry, along with correspondence, newspaper clippings, handwritten notes, a poetry reading programme, printed articles and photocopied songbook covers. The prominent theme of the collection is war poetry and soldiers’ expression of their experience. Also included is information on the various presentations of LC’s work on the topic, such as guest lecturing in the Victoria University English Department, a radio production and a poetry reading titled ‘Voices From the Trenches’. The date range is c. 1914-2003 (including the original dates of the photocopied songbook covers).
- Collection covers ca 1960-2010
Conditions Governing Access
Access is freely available within the J.C.Beaglehole Room for research and private study. For any use beyond this, please contact the J.C.Beaglehole Room (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the first instance.
From the Fonds: 100 linear_centimeters (Hutt Valley Independent and Upper Hutt Advertiser (2009.044) has been given a call number (DU401.1 H982) and is located on the Atlas shelving.)
Language of Materials
- Radio broadcasting -- New Zealand Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- War poetry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1914-1918 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Part of the J C Beaglehole Room, Victoria University of Wellington Library Repository
P O Box 3438
Wellington 6140 New Zealand
+64 4 4635681