Folio 11: Slang + Objects
Summary of contents
A section of the Underwood collection that contains photocopied newspapers and articles, a manuscript titled ‘They Had A Word For it’ by Underwood, handwritten notes, glossaries of war time slang and correspondence. Includes various expressions used in the military as well as discussion around their significance. The date range of the content is c. 1943-1964.
- Collection covers ca 1960-2010
Conditions Governing Access
Access is freely available within the J.C.Beaglehole Room for research and private study. For any use beyond this, please contact the J.C.Beaglehole Room (email@example.com) in the first instance.
From the Fonds: 100 linear_centimeters (Hutt Valley Independent and Upper Hutt Advertiser (2009.044) has been given a call number (DU401.1 H982) and is located on the Atlas shelving.)
Language of Materials
- Slang Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- Humor Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Part of the J C Beaglehole Room, Victoria University of Wellington Library Repository
P O Box 3438
Wellington 6140 New Zealand
+64 4 4635681